SOUP KITCHEN OUTREACH INFORMATION
Tylersville Road Christian Church
TRCC provides volunteer opportunities to serve Cincinnati’s Longest Running Soup Kitchens.
Here is how you can become involved to help.
Over-The Rhine & Walnut Hills Soup Kitchens Newsletter
Every 4th Saturday of the month members of TRCC prepare and serve meals for the Over- The- Rhine Soup Kitchen
(OTRK), Cincinnati’s longest operating soup kitchen. We are a part of an ongoing, critically necessary mission in
assisting 39 other Christian and Jewish congregations in sponsoring 8,500 hot meals per month at the Over-The-Rhine
and Walnut Hills Soup Kitchens. Our work helps insure that area low income, homeless, and working poor people are
provided at least one hot meal every day of the year. On our assigned day we will prepare and serve hot lunches for
about 300 people.
This is the way it works. On the 4th Saturday of every month, volunteers prepare and serve a hot, home- cooked
meal. We start cooking at 9:00 am, and serve from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm. We need a minimum of 8 volunteers to
work each meal we serve. The TRCC Outreach Fund underwrites the costs.
Directions to the Over- The- Rhine Kitchen from TRCC
1620 Vine St, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202, (513) 421- 0205
- · West (Left) on Tylersville Rd to I-75
- · Southbound I-75 from Tylersville Rd toward downtown Cincinnati
- · Take Exit # 2 A, Western Ave/ Liberty St
- · At end of ramp, continue straight crossing Findlay St, to next signal, Liberty St.
- · Left on Liberty St, proceed approx ¾ mile to Vine St.
- · Left on Vine St, 100 yards to 1620 Vine, on the right
- · You may park in the enclosed chain link fence lot behind St Francis School (off Huber St, behind corner Liberty
- & Vine), or park at a meter on the street.
WALNUT HILLS KITCHEN and PANTRY
Every other 2nd Saturday (even numbered months) members of TRCC prepare and serve meals for the Walnut Hills
Kitchen. Just like at the OTRK, our work helps insure that area low income, homeless, and working poor people are
provided at least one hot meal every day of the year. On our assigned day we will prepare and serve hot lunches
for about 125 people.
This is the way it works. On the 2nd Saturday of even numbered months, volunteers prepare and serve a hot,
home- cooked meal. We start cooking at 12:00 noon, serve from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, and finish cleanup by
4:30pm. We need a minimum of 10 volunteers to work each meal we serve. We have a sponsor underwriting the
meal and supply costs.
Directions to the Walnut Hills Kitchen from TRCC
2631 Gilbert Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45206, (513) 961- 1983
- · East (Right) on Tylersville Rd/ Western Row Rd to I-71
- · Southbound I-71 toward downtown Cincinnati
- · Take Exit # 3, William Howard Taft Rd
- · At end of ramp at traffic signal, immediate left onto Essex Place
- · Essex Place to East McMillan St
- · Left on East McMillan, about ½ mile, to Gilbert Ave
- · Left on Gilbert, about ¼ mile to 2631 Gilbert, on the left.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE by participating in preparing and/ or serving in this important ministry. As you work, serve, and talk with your “customers,” you will know you’ve made a difference.
To sign up to work a shift, call or e-mail our Scheduler, Carole Kubrin, at (513) 755-1679, or
. See John Pohlman for more information, or to be added to the Soup Kitchen e-mail group, at
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE “KITCHENS”, READ THE NEWSLETTER, OR DONATE, VISIT: WWW.OVERTHERHINEKITCHEN.ORG/